Thursday, May 17, 2007

Thursday Lostblogging

Spoilers below.

I usually hate second-to-last episodes of the season. Much like the second movie in a planned trilogy, they're all set-up with no resolution.

Even by those standards, this was a pretty weak episode. I do approve of the use of flashbacks for cuteness moments, rather than to try to explain completely inexplicable plot details. But there just wasn't much drive to the episode; it felt like they were just going through the motions so that we can get to the good stuff next week.

Jack W. Bush has begun his surge strategy, upping the intensity of the fight by planning to kill the Others' assault force. I'm sure it will work just as well.

We are nearing resolution of the 'Please oh please oh plea-ea-eaaaaase let this be the week Charlie dies' plotline. I am hoping for the best. But really-why was he so amazed to find out that he survived the swim that he had to declare his aliveness to the heavens? He hadn't even flipped the switch yet! And seriously, does anyone actually ever shout "I'm alive! I'm alive! Ah-ha-haaaa I'm alive!" outside of old campy movies?

Deus ex Desmond is alive and well, fortunately. If he doesn't wake up and swim to the station just in time to rescue Charlie and let him flip the switch next week, along with some sort of concomitant drama about trying to take his place, and blah blah fucking blah, well, let's just say I'll be very surprised.

I chose not to watch Heroes this week, instead taping it and planning to watch both weeks together with Shane next week. After the lameness of this Lost, I am really thinking that was a smart move....

No comments: