Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Ceci n'est pas une camera

I didn't think that I was paying for this, but out of the goodness of their hearts, J+K Camera in New York put my camera on next-day delivery, which means that it arrived at work today. Somehow, after having my house broken into, I'm a bit leery about leaving $1000 worth of hardware sitting on my porch all day.

Anyhow, in honor of Godel, Escher, Bach and Rene Magritte's Ceci n'est pas une pipe, here is my first photo, entitled Cette photo a été prise avec un appareil-photo très cher.

1 comment:

LJ said...

The picture: Subtle, yet fucking hysterical.

Tip: call your insurance company and get a "personal articles floater" for your camera gear. They generally cover (with no deductible!) everything except intentionally hurling your new toy off a cliff, and costs something like $30 for an entire year. Trust me on this: the first time you drop a $700 lens attached to a $1200 camera on the streets in Jerusalem, you'll be glad you did.