Friday, May 18, 2007

Love Is A Many-Splendored Thing

I was in my friends Michelle and LJ's wedding in Raleigh, NC a few weeks ago. All-around fantastic weekend. Good food, good friends, and if the DJ at the reception was kind of a dork, well, that's in his job description, right?

Anyhow, all of the groomsmen received a gift from LJ, which was a bottle of the liquor of their choice. I picked scotch, although I felt a bit bad because I didn't know if there would be anything any good in the price range that was requested ($30-$50 a bottle). Apparently, all my unpaid psychotherapy for Michelle is finally paying off, as I received, to my very pleasant surprise, a bottle of 17-year Glenfarclas single-malt. I finally had time to sit and open it last night, with all the appropriate ceremony and opportunity for appreciation. And, daaaaamn.

I love you, LJ.

2 comments:

LJ said...

Fantastic news to hear that you enjoyed it -- because that shit is NOT cheap. I have good friends, but it seems more of them like expensive booze than I'd prefer. You can thank me later... and if that thanks takes it's expression in the form of... *cough* ... maybe a bottle of 23-year-old Zacapa ... well, that would be OK for me.

Michelle said...

What am I, chopped liver? Had you not spent so many years being my best friend (even if you did get tricked into the job), you wouldn't have had that bottle of Scotch.