Sunday, June 10, 2007

Sunday Basketblogging

Okay, I know, I know, two NBA Finals posts in rapid (relatively) succession...

What can I say? I am an addict, this is how I get my jones on.

I think that David Stern has clearly been murdered, and replaced by the Stern-o-tron 6000, which is manufactured by Haddon Industries, which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the NFL. That's the only rational explanation for the sheer idiocy of the way the finals have been scheduled.

They set the schedule soon after the San Antonio series was over, but before the Cavs/Pistons was done. As a result, there was a five-day break between the end of the Eastern Conference Finals and Game 1 of the NBA Finals. Any momentum that was created by the reasonably exciting end of the Cavs series (Lebron scores 48! Daniel Gibson goes for 19 in the 4th!) has had sufficient time to grind completely to a halt by the time Game 1 started. Any casual fan who read about Lebron, got excited, watched game 6, had to try and remember for 5 days that the next game was on?

And then, after scheduling Game 1 on Thursday, Game 2 is tonight, Sunday. Again, the momentum thing. You've given me an entire weekend to think about things that are not the NBA Finals. This is just really. fucking. stupid.

But man, that Stern-o-tron 6000 is quite realistic looking. Good job, NFL.

No comments: