Tuesday, June 26, 2007

In The Course Of Human Events

It didn't take long for the glow of my vacation to wear off, as within the first 20 minutes of getting into work this morning I found out that

1) there's a huge deadline at 9 AM Wednesday morning which nobody bothered to tell me about until just now, which means that I will probably be pulling a very long day at work today and

2) the HROM project, my nominal home for the last year, was not re-funded by our sponsor. This came as a big surprise, and it's as of yet entirely unclear what it means.

#2 has more effect on me in the long term, as it means that I'll have to find another home inside the company. But I'm not overly concerned about my ability to do so. Fortunately, thanks to #1, I know that I'll have a job for at least the rest of the day, and more accurately, through the end of July I know exactly what I'll be doing. What's next is entirely up in the air.

So, the short version is you all will have to go another day without many posts from me. But I am home, safe and sound. The trip was fantastic, I have lots of photos (a few of which don't entirely suck, although I have a *lot* of work to do to figure out my camera better), and there will be much more posted about it by the end of the week. For now, it's good to be home.

No comments: