Thursday, June 7, 2007

Finals Roundup

Okay, I know I said that I would be completely passing on the NBA playoffs if the Suns lost in six. What can I say? Some people are addicted to heroin, some to adrenaline. Me? NBA playoffs. It's a disease, I admit it.

I am, of course, pretty much on board with the CW, which is that this is absolutely San Antonio's series to lose. Cleveland's energy and the rotten NBA refs should be good enough for game 3 in Cleveland, but otherwise I see Spurs in 5.

LeBron is going to dominate Bowen, of this I have no doubt. Likewise, Duncan will easily get his over either Gooden or Ilgauskis. The difference makers are going to be Parker, who will pretty much waltz into the lane past Hughes or Gibson, and the San Antonio bench, which is roughly 3x the quality, experience, etc. of the Cavs.

Also, don't underestimate the importance of the fact that San Antonio has a coach who understands the basic fundamental concepts of coaching basketball, unlike basically every coach in the Eastern Conference.

More reading for you other dirty, dirty addicts:

Bill Simmons' paean to the Spurs
. It's amazing that he can type so clearly with Duncan's 'nads tickling his tonsils like that.

A roundup of the greatest NBA floppers of all time.
Priceless stuff.

1 comment:

LJ said...

Anytime I ever hear the word "flop" in basketball context, I think Greg Paulus. If you haven't seen this before, click and be amazed at how much damage a faint blast of wind can do as a player passes two feet beside mister flop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqPBJ_6y_5A