Friday, June 29, 2007

Mexicana Redux

I should add, however, that, pace Ezra, I am all in favor of more immigration if this increases the likelihood that I can get a decent damn burrito somewhere in the Boulder area.

Also, on a slightly more serious note, I fervently believe that the solution to illegal immigration is not less immigration, but more. The point of America is that we allow people who want to come here to come here, we just ought to make sure that we know who they are. It's a good part of the recently deceased bill that they put more stress on allowing immigration to occur easily for high-skill workers (I agree with Tom Friedman that every Ph.D. that a U.S. school hands out to a foreigner should come along with a completed green card application.)

But still, for the love of a really good fish taco, I'll happily sign off on a few more million illegals...

No comments: