Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sins Of The Flesh

I have nothing much to add to the ongoing story of Eliot Spitzer's disgrace in New York. Seems to me vaguely possible that you could manage to avoid doing things which are blatantly illegal while you actually resided in the Governor's Mansion, especially things which you specialized in busting people for while serving as AG. But, you know, that's just me. I'm not an egomaniacal dunderhead who's had much of his life handed to him on a silver platter. Okay, most of that last sentence actually refers to me quite accurately, but at least I'm not a dunderhead!

Anyhow, the most interesting thing I've read about it is the Slate piece which proposes that the main mistake Spitzer made was getting a too-cheap call girl! In particular, I like the story of Melissa, the 38 year old professional who worked for a single client, a high-flying lawyer type, saying
I never tell him he's a piece of shit; I make him feel like superman.
$10,000 a month to make someone feel good about themselves? As they say; good work, if you can find it.

No comments: