Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Please Have Mercy And Just Shoot Me Now

Well, it looks like the political groundhog saw his (her?) shadow, and we are going to have six more weeks of electoral winter.

I'm depressed this morning. Not because Obama lost all the contested primaries, although that is reason enough, but because I am only human. More because I was just hoping that we would have a chance to end this primary season and maybe, briefly, take a break from the 24-hour silly season. I find my ability to stay interested in the daily ups and downs on the campaign waning quickly. Perhaps I am just a victim of the human limitations of the Feiler Faster Thesis, but there are only so many ups and downs and twists and turns that I can stomach to watch, and I feel myself rapidly approaching that point.

Only, I am also a total news junkie, and reading blogs and listening to news podcasts which discuss these issues is part of my daily routine. I'm going to need some new distractions. Fortunately, there are still new episodes of Lost to keep me occupied, but House is still about a month away from new episodes airing.

On the up side, I am getting my wisdom teeth pulled on Friday, so maybe I'll get some sort of horrible infection and die, and then I won't have to worry about paying attention any more. In the immortal words of Bill Murray from Caddyshack: so I've got that going for me. Which is nice.

No comments: