Monday, March 31, 2008

I Waited A New Week For This Post, And All I Got Were Some Lousy Ellipses?

Best intentional misreads of the day:

World's Hackiest Hack, Bill Kristol:
Most Americans want to be told we can leave Iraq sooner rather than later. McCain has chosen instead to tell Americans the hard and unpopular truths that...there’s no...path to defeating our enemies and securing a lasting peace.
And the occasionally anti-Bushian Paul Krugman:
[T]he Bush administration actively...tried to protect families against predatory lending.
Of course, those aren't the real quotes, but wouldn't it be funny if they were?

You gotta love the blatant, unrepentant hackosity of Kristol's rantings. I don't know how long a contract the Times signed him to, but it's already been going on too long, as far as I'm concerned. Senators Clinton and Obama have many faults, but accusing them of holding a "stale liberal orthodoxy" can only be the opinion of a fool or a madman. Unlike Charles Krauthamer, I do not hold a Ph.D. in psychology, and will not speculate as to the mental state of my ideological opponents, so I'm left believing Kristol to be a fool.

Although, I must admit, I do appreciate Kristol's confidence in his own manhood to publicly declare his appreciation for the qualities of John McCain's 71-year-old buttocks:
The qualities of a young military hero may not be those of a successful president. McCain knows this. As an elected official, he’s never rested on his P.O.W. laurels, remarkable though they are.

No comments: