Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I Don't Know What You Call It, But I Don't Like It

Watching the diavlog between Will 'Craftsman' Wilkinson (he's a libertarian tool, but a high quality tool, unlike, say, Megan 'Stanley' McArdle) and Brian Doherty, I'm curious to know what one calls a circle-jerk when there's only two guys involved in it. Because that is most clearly what this was. Two reflexive libertarians congratulating each other for being much smarter than everybody else. The historical parts of the discussion were quite interesting, but the policy portions of the talk were less than uninformative - I am pretty sure I actually know less in this regard than before I listened.

And did Brian really claim that the popular perception is that programs like Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security are on their death beds? I think he did...

No comments: