Monday, August 27, 2007

Don't Worry, Once We Release The Apple iBrain, You Won't Even Think About It Anymore

It sounds like young Ezra's brand new Powerbook laptop has gone kaput. Oh, the humanity!

I am an anti-Macist. I disdain the form-over function motif, although I certainly appreciate the way Apple drives products forward and price points down, as other companies build nearly-equivalent products which they then sell for half the price after Apple proves how it can be done. So I have little sympathy for Ezra and his implicit assumption that, because he bought an Apple product, it was automatically going to work better. Laptops are a hit-and-miss category, which is why they're the only electronic component I will buy an extended warranty for.

I'm also reminded of one of the most brilliant ideas of all time, the Apple iProduct.

No comments: