Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Dog Tales

I don't remember if I've mentioned that there are now two dogs in residence at The Official House. Two weeks ago, my new roommate Molly showed up from North Carolina, with her yellow lab mix Turtle in tow. Not literally, she was actually sitting in the back seat. But you know what I mean. Simon, The Official Dog of The Consistent Fool, is the chocolate lab on the left in the picture below, Turtle is the one on the right.


It's been great having two dogs in the house. They exhaust each other. They have been a little rough on any stuffed animal toy that Simon once owned (a small piece of debris from such a play session can be seen in the photo). But, all-in-all, having to replace some stuffed animals with some harder toys seems like a totally fair trade to Simon having a best friend in the house all the time.

Tonight, however, was a bit of an adventure. Just before I got home from work, Simon got into Turtle's food bag, which Molly had left in her open closet. She found him with his head buried in it, with paper shreds and food bits all over the floor. Sadly, she cleaned up before I thought to take pictures. Anyhow, you could literally feel the swelling of his stomach, he had eaten so much.

So I've spent all night awaiting the inevitable upchuck (note to self: The Inevitable Upchuck would be a great name for my death-metal band or an Ultimate team. Score!) and, mostly, hoping that it would happen on a hard surface instead of the carpet, which is definitely Simon's vomit medium of preference.

Well, I am happy to report that he just let loose an unholy belch, followed by an equally unholy pile of barely-digested kibble all over my nice tile basement floor. Which I did think to take a picture of, then realized that that would be gross.

I love a story with a happy ending.

No comments: