Sunday, February 10, 2008

Frisbee!

Occasional Faithful Reader LJ once showed me a video who had on his DVR of a show called 'Cheap Seats' on ESPN Classic, which showed an old video profile of NY NY, the best Ultimate team of the late 80's, and their mercurial, troll-like captain, Kenny Dobyns. Who, I should say, is one hell of an Ultimate player, especially, you know, for a troll.

Anyhow, Faithful Reader WS sent me an online link to the video, which I offer for your enjoyment here. You should check it out. Really. It's awesome, and not at all a waste of your time. The fashion disasters alone are worth your time. Money line from the fairly nerdy hosts: "Now, I never thought we'd meet someone who needed more help meeting women than [competetive juggler] Jason Garfield. And then we met Ken Dobyns."

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Were you around when Dobyns came to Boulder. Was that the July 4th Invitational? I can't remember, but it was rather like a cameo appearance. I do remember there was a HECK of a lot of heckling in his honor.

Deep said...

Actually, it was Huck-It-Longmont. Pretty random.

David S said...

Not entirely random, though. It's a little known fact that former Boulder stalwart Heidi Pomfret dated Kenny, once upon a time, and they remain friends. I assume he was visiting Longmont residents Jim and Heidi during Longmont.

Trust me, I gave plenty of shit to Jim Glynn when I found out that he's married to someone who once had sex with Dobyns.