Sunday, December 9, 2007

Life Sucks, Get A Fucking Back Brace

The ongoing adventure of finding out just how much damage a teensy little getting-hit-by-a-car-accident is ongoing. I made what appears to be a very bad decision this morning, forgoing a day of snowboarding in fresh powder because I didn't feel like my back was quite ready for it yet. Instead, I decided to hit the gym and do a little leg work, something I've been decidedly underworking since my accident back in September.

Unfortunately, my lower back had diferrent ideas, as on the final squat of the final set it decided that it had had enough, in the form of one of those unmissable 'tweaks'. Not exceptionally painful at the time, but one of those things that let you know 'oh yes, you will be feeling this later, yes you will.'

And now, here I am, some 8 hours later, laying on my back on the couch with my ice pack, heating pad in reach, and desperately hoping I don't have to go to the bathroom anytime soon.

I really hate my body sometimes.

No comments: