Saturday, January 5, 2008

Are You Ready For Some Football?

Okay, that's probably the most cliche title I've ever had for a blog post. Whatever.

So, big weekend, as the NFL Playoffs kick off about, oh...20 minutes ago or so.

For what it's worth, here are my picks:
Seahawks easy over R*dskins (hate that name.) Seahawks D is much better than they get credit for.

Jacksonville tight over Steelers, although I hate going with the crowd here. I'm glad I don't gamble - this is a total trap game.

Tampa over the New Jersey Giants. I know the Giants play better on the road, and Tampa really struggled late. But still, Gruden and Garcia, vs. Coughlin and Eli Manning? No contest.

San Diego over Tennessee, also easy. I don't see how the Vince Young-led offense can possibly get going against that D, which is really playing well of late, although you can't rule out hte possibility that Philip Rivers will just be god-awful and blow it.

Somehow, I'm not really that excited about these games. Probably because the Eagles aren't involved, the only team I care about in the NFC playoffs is the Packers (well, other than hating the 3 NFC East teams that got in, of course). The AFC will get better next week, everyone is excited for the possibility of Jacksonville/New England and the San Diego/Indy game we all wanted last year.

No comments: