Friday, October 5, 2007

Blogs Blogs Blogs Blogs

Two friends have started up new blogs, which I feel like I ought to link to on general principle. If Matt and Ezra link to Megan McArdle because they think she's cute and they eat dinner together a lot, even though her actual posts are generally execrable, then I can send some of my meager traffic Staben and Tonya's way.

1) Michelle Staben has started 'Let The Words Out', in an attempt to meet her 'minimum verbosity emitted per day' requirements without forcing LJ to resort to drastic measures like ball gags or self-mutilation. I have my doubts about its efficacity, since Michelle likes to talk more than she tends to think, and writing is inherently a thinking exercise. However, blogging is more like talking that usual writing is, so maybe this will all work out after all. I like LJ, so I wish the project the best of luck.

2) Tonya Pepper has one post up at 'Pepper in Peru', which is to be a diary of her 4-month sojourn south of the border (if by 'border' I mean 'equator'). The title of the first post is 'Pre-Peru Preparations', which is just a hoot to say out loud. Try it! Absolutely precious...

No comments: