Friday, July 6, 2007

Once More, Into The Breach

Okay, I got into trouble for straying into this territory last time, but hey, if I can't take advantage of my position as a completely unknown blogger to alienate my friends, what's the point?

I will not get too involved into a huge discussion of my opinions on this subject (you can read my first post here, if you want), instead I will just point towards this article about the fairly traumatizing experience of a woman going through fertility treatments, which absolutely broke my heart, and ask: are we really confident that it's the best use of our money, in the sense of using it to actually maximize happiness, to spend tens of thousands of dollars in an all-too-often futile quest to seed the planet with our biological offspring?

No comments: